S.W.E.A.T. (Sex/uality. Work. Extraction. Art. Theatr/ics) features conversations about performance and performativity of the sexual/ized body at work—work as labour of survival and labour of a/Art.
- Today’s episode features Muhammedu Abubakari, a teacher of Arabic and Quran, a translator, and a skilled tailor. He translates and speaks in conversation with me and Jawo Zaria Graba, a cocoa farmer and Isshak Fuseini, an economics student. Together we toured the forest where they produce crops and shared with me their extensive knowledge of […]
- This episode features a conversation with artist Amina Gimba in 2021 at PerfocraZe International Artist Residency -p IAR in Kumasi, Ghana. Amina is a visual artist and freelance graphic designer from Northeast Nigeria who specialises in simplifying everyday experiences into provocative artistic pieces, using ink, colour pencils, crayons, tie and dye, and graphic design software. […]
- This month features a conversation with Ghanaian painter and performer Onsoh Edward. Onsoh calls himself a plethora because of his indecisive multidisciplinary artistic attitude. He is known for photography, videography, performance, painting and sculpture. We speak about discrimination against people wearing dreadlocks, the differences between painting for money and painting for therapy, how he explores […]
- This episode features a conversation with Hiroko Tsuchimoto, a Japanese-born, Stockholm-based artist caring about and working with humans and more-than-human entities. Over the past ten years, she has been producing performances with audience participation both on stage and in public spaces, yet her interest is currently shifting from front-stage to rehearsals and behind-the-scenes, from egology […]
- This episode features a conversation with Mawuenya Amudzi from 2021. Mawuenya Amudzi (b. 1992) is a Ghanaian artist, administrator for perfocraZe International Artist Residency, Residency Manager at Osramba studio living and working in Kumasi and Accra, Ghana. His works explore the idea of existentialism and material aspects of objects. He works with disused materials (cathode […]